A few days ago I was digging in all of our piles of unopened mail from the past year. When I came across this piece of paper. At first I chucked into the trash pile then, I picked it up and realized what it was. This is the piece of paper I planned Sages funeral on.
I remember deciding at some point I needed to be the one to do this, that no one else could do this for me. I remember falling to my knees and just praying that somehow I would know how too plan my Son's funeral.
I grabbed a piece of plain white computer paper and started planning.
This is where it gets sad/comical however you decide to view it. For me I truly realize just how out of it I really was.
1. Presiding Bishop Borgous...he has been my Bishop for a long time...I spelled his last name wrong.
2. opening prayer Richard prayer
3. Be still my soal...spelled wrong again...never even heard the song just came to my mind...even at the funeral I did not know one word to the song.
4.life sctech...spelled wrong...I felt so bad asking my mother to do this for me...she was more out of it than me I think. I knew that no one knew my little man better than my Mother knew him. She had to be the one.
5. Children sing musical...I crossed that off for some reason...I guess the kids would not feel up to singing.
6. Lords Helaman...the correct title to that song is "We'll Bring the World His Truth".
7. Dad give talk...I was surprised Dad called and said I am talking at that boys funeral...okay no arguments from me...was I shocked yes...my Dad is not a man to want to give a talk.
8. I crossed out Musical #...some lady I called said thanks but no thanks!
9.President Rothisberger...I thought if this man talks then this must be true and not a joke so I crossed him off the list as well.
10. post.Howard.post...he had been my Bishop for many years before I got married. I knew that he had lost a son named Wyatt...I needed him to talk.
11. good be we meet agane...it should have said..."God Be With You Till We Meet Again".
12. clothing remarks...closing remarks??
13. prayer JIM clothing prayer Jim Reidhed...Jim is my uncle...I spelled my Maiden name wrong...Reidhead...and I guess all I could think about was Sages burial clothing.
16. Home to Silence..........My Sister In Law Carolyn said she would be willing to make his programs. I called her or she called me and this is the piece of paper I used to describe to her over the phone the funeral plans. She asked if I wanted a musical # I said yes, she asked if I had any ideas. I gave her my one and only idea. She said I have that sheet music and I know just the perfect guy for the job. Some how Carolyn, Gary, Ellen and Debbie where able to come up with his program and life slide show. I think they both turned out to be so beautiful. I am so thankful she was in tune with the Spirit and was able to make the programs that I really wanted for my perfect little baby boy. Carolyn and Richard did so much me and my family. I will be forever grateful to them.
I pray that I never have to plan another child's funeral ever again.